Ford's Theatre offers weekday matinees of its mainstage shows at times that are appropriate for school attendance. We also offer teacher preview seminars, described below. Season Guides, with student and teacher resources for each mainstage production, are available for download here.
- To bring your students to see mainstage matinees at Ford’s click here.
- Title I schools are eligible for Operation Discovery
D.C. Area Teacher Previews and Workshops
These special events introduce teachers to Ford’s Theatre and to plays that link closely to Social Studies and Language Arts curriculum.
- All Student Matinees include in-class, pre-show workshop for students, plus a Teacher Preview and Workshop that introduces the play and gives educators the resources to facilitate post-show learning. For more information, please email the education department.
A limited number of Student Matinee tickets are available free of charge to Title 1 schools. Other schools should book through the Group Sales Office. To sign up for Teacher Previews or inquire about Title 1 tickets to Student Matinees, click here.
Student Matinees for the 2014-2015 Season include:
- Driving Miss Daisy: October 9, 16 and 23 at 11 a.m.
- The Widow Lincoln: February 12 and 19 at 11 a.m.
- Freedom’s Song: Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War: May 1 and 8 at noon
Tom Story as David and Susan Heyward as Sabrina with (background L to R) Todd Gearhart as Linus and Helen Hedman as Maude in the Ford’s Theatre production of Samuel A. Taylor’s Sabrina Fair, directed by Stephen Rayne. Photo by T. Charles Erickson.