Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site (Museum, Theatre, Petersen House) and the Center for Education and Leadership will be closed to the public on Thursday, Dec. 25, 2014.
History on Foot tours
A History on Foot walking tour brings Civil War Washington to life! Tours are of downtown Washington, D.C., and are led by an actor in costume. Group Tickets are $14. Private tours can also be scheduled for 40 or fewer for a flat fee of $680.
Investigation: Detective McDevitt
March through October
Visit the sites and examine the clues on the investigation into the Lincoln Assassination Conspiracy.
Payment Policies for History on Foot
- Once a request is submitted, the group sales office will process and send programming confirmation within SEVEN business days. (Please note groups looking to reserve a private tour may have a longer processing time)
- History on Foot Tours will require full payment within ONE MONTH of receiving a contract.
- If the request cannot be completed, the Group Sales Office will contact the patron to arrange a different date and/or time that will work for the group.
- All History on Foot tours will accommodate a maximum of up to forty people.
- If a patron is booking a group 30 days (or fewer) before their tour, the patron will need to pay the invoice in full the next business day.
- The Group Sales Office accepts all major credit cards and checks as payment. Groups can pay for their reservation by credit card via phone, fax or email. Please note: Checks not received by required due date will require payment by credit card to hold reservations. Upon receiving the check, we will refund the corresponding charge and process the check accordingly. Groups paying by check should email or fax a copy to the Group Sales Office before sending payment by mail. All payments being mailed should be sent to the following address:
Attn: Group Sales Office
514 Tenth St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20004
- All groups not paid on time will be cancelled.
- All groups who attempt to rebook after being cancelled due to non-payment must pay for tickets in full immediately upon reinstating over the phone.
- Once payment is received in full there will be no refunds. There are no exchanges for History on Foot tickets.
- Groups may pick up their tickets on the day of their visit from the Box Office by presenting their confirmation sheet (provided to them by the Group Sales Office after payment). For early pickup please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the intended pickup date.
- History on Foot group tickets are mailed only if requested by the group leader at the time of reservation. An additional $5.00 fee per mailing will be charged for U.S. Postal Shipping.
- Tickets will not be mailed for any request submitted less than two weeks before a group visit date.
- The Group Sales Office does not assume responsibility for any lost or damaged tickets. Any group who loses its tickets after they have been printed and shipped is subject to a $5.00 reprint fee per order.
The Group Sales office is open Monday- Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Reach us by phone at (202) 638-2367 or by email.